Thank you for joining The Virginia Beer Co. for our 1-year anniversary celebration! We can't wait to host you for beers & cheers during Waypost Weekend, and we hope that it will be the first of many annual celebrations of local flavors + local sounds. Gates open at 12 pm and Music begins at 2 pm. Below you will find all of the information regarding entry to 3/25's Music Festival!
Entry - Pre-Purchased:
- If you've purchased your tickets online, you have purchased entry to Saturday's festival! In an effort to save our trees, there is no need to print anything out.
- We have a live record of everyone who has pre-paid for tickets. All you need for entry on Saturday is an ID matching the name of the purchaser for each set of tickets.
- We will have a Will Call check-in at the gate when you arrive and we will be handing out wrist bands, glassware, maps, and beer tickets upon arrival.
Entry - At The Door:
- We will be selling additional entry tickets at the door! If you have friends/family who do not have tickets, they may purchase entry upon arrival.
- $12: Standard (21+) ticket for entry, wristband, glass, and beer ticket.
- $5: DD / Under 21 ticket for entry.
- Please Note: For everyone who is receiving a Standard (21+) ticket that includes glassware and a beer ticket, we will need to see an ID for each ticket to verify everyone receiving a glass is at least 21 years of age.
- Please make sure everyone who plans to retrieve tickets purchased under their name brings a valid photo ID with the same name, and that everyone in your group who will be receiving a 21+ ticket brings their own valid photo ID to verify an age of 21+.
- On 3/25 the entire brewery property (parking lot included) will be roped off for maximum beers & cheers! We have a number of nearby spillover parking options arranged for convenient access to the property.
- Road signs will direct you from the brewery to our parking areas and vice versa.
- All Day: Satellite parking is available at the Ramada Williamsburg East Busch Gardens Area (500 Merrimac Trail).
- This is a short 3-block walk on the same side of the street as the brewery (walking directions here)! Please plan to park along both sides and the rear of the Ramada, as we need to leave the front spaces open for Ramada staff.
- Starting at 2 pm: When Shorty's Diner (627 Merrimac Trail) closes for the day, they have agreed to let us use their lot and surrounding spaces for additional parking.
- This is a short 4-block walk to the brewery (walking directions here)!
- Because this parking option requires patrons to cross the street, we have set up a shuttle service to pick up those parking at Shorty's and will happily drive you to the brewery.
- Only cross the street if you feel comfortable doing so! Otherwise the shuttle will run every 10-15 minutes between Shorty's and the brewery from 2-9 pm.
- Please Note: Our neighbors are aware of our festivities but if you park in the lot of a neighboring business that is open for business or you block an entry at a business lot (such as the wooden gate next door at Ebby's) you may be towed!
- We have alerted Cardinal Cabs of Williamsburg to our festivities and they will have taxis at the ready! Phone: 757.345.5557
- Uber is now an option in Williamsburg! If you are a first time rider, use the promo code at this link to schedule a free ride.
- It will be a beautiful day on Saturday and we are an easy walk from Colonial Williamsburg (directions here)!
Glassware & Beer Tickets:
- Every Standard (21+) ticket comes with a commemorative glass and one beer ticket. Beer tickets may be exchanged for one pour (8 oz. for high alcohol beers or 13 oz. for low alcohol beers).
- Additional beer tickets ($5/ticket) may be purchased after entry at stations located throughout the brewery property (see attached map, which will also be provided upon entry).
- We will have rinse stations around the property so please hold on to your glass! In order to make sure that only those who are 21+ are able to purchase beers, we can only provide one glass per 21+ ticket.
- If a glass is broken, we can provide a replacement glass for $5. Please note that 21+ ticket holders will have wristbands designating their age. If anyone who is not wearing a 21+ wristband is found with a beer we will have to ask them to leave, per VA ABC law.
- Once you have checked in at the gate, you will be given a wristband designating your ticket purchase (ie, Standard, Under 21, Designated Driver).
- Please do not remove your wristband!
- Staff will be monitoring the crowd to ensure that only those who with 21+ wristbands are sampling beers.
- Again, 21+ ticket holders will be given wristbands designating their age. If anyone who is not wearing a 21+ wristband is found with a beer we will have to ask them to leave, per VA ABC law.
- Equally important: wristbands guarantee re-entry!
- If you need to leave for any reason (such as taking to-go beer to your car), showing your wristband at the gate will permit re-entry from open until close.
- We will be placing tables and chairs throughout the property! If you would like to bring folding chairs, please feel free to do so.
- We ask that you limit these items just to chairs - no tables or umbrellas will be permitted that may obstruct the view of other guests or access the various stations set up around the property.
- We kindly ask that you do not bring any outside food or drink with you on Saturday.
- We will have three food trucks serving from open to close (12 pm - 9:30 pm) and we'll have a bevy of beer and non-alcoholic beverage options available for purchase!
- No coolers will be permitted into the festival.
- Per VA ABC law we are not permitted to allow additional alcoholic beverages on the property, so with the large crowd expected we are not able to permit coolers as a precautionary measure.
- While we here at VBC are avid pet lovers, and our beer garden is typically pet friendly, we kindly ask that you leave your pups and other furry & feathered friends at home on 3/25.
- Due to the increased crowd capacity we cannot permit the the entry of animals, but they will be more than welcome to join us on the beer garden again on Sunday!
- We have a designated smoking area set up at the rear of the property (see attached map) and kindly ask that any smoking/vaping of any kind take place only in that area.
- No container (eg, Growler, Crowler) fills will be offered on Saturday due to the high volume of people expected. Please plan your fills for Friday & Sunday!
- We will have a station set up in the brewery for to-go purchases of packaged beer & merch.
- Unfortunately we can't store purchases throughout the day, so please plan to purchase your beer as you plan your departure, or feel free to leave with your to-go purchases and re-enter with your wristband.
- We are not able to allow access to the property with to-go beers as any beer purchased to-go must be consumed off-site, per VA ABC law.
We look forward to a fun and safe celebration of all the things we love here at 401 Second Street with all the people who've supported us through this milestone. Thank you again for your support and we look forward to raising a glass with you on Saturday, 3/25!
For information about beer tappings + musical lineups, please reference the below Lineup card and check the live event on our Facebook page!
Questions? Don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us at 757.378.2903.