Note: As of 9/6/16, all positions have been filled! Thank you to all who have applied and we will be sure to post an update when more positions open up in the future.
The Virginia Beer Company is pleased to announce that it is seeking another full time (40+ hours/week) staff member to join our taproom team! This role includes the following responsibilities:
- pour beers
- fill growlers
- clean/organize taproom and taproom amenities
- maintain bar area before, during, and after taproom hours
- restock kegs in the taproom cooler
- organize, inventory, and sell merchandise
- clean/organize taproom & beer garden facilities (inc. restrooms)
- answer questions about beer styles, VBC products, and area events
- assist with live events and special releases
- act as a brand ambassador for VBC
Candidates should have flexibility in availability. Willingness to work both individually and in a team setting and in a fast paced environment. Interest in learning about the brewing process and facets of operating a brewery + taproom + beer garden. A desire to be social (beer is fun!) but professional (brewing is work). Willingness to be the face of the company; our taproom staff are the public facing persona of the brewery! A thirst for adventure...we are a startup, so it will be an adventure!
Backgrounds in the brewing industry and/or within the bar and restaurant world are helpful but not required. More important: passion for the community. We are dedicated to engaging the community around us and giving back to it. Whether it be the beers we brew, the events we host, or the interactions we have with each patron, our staff must be excited about the opportunity to build up and give back to the community that supports us.
- Monday - Closed (open for private events)
- Tuesday - Closed (open for private events)
- Wednesday - 4 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday - 3 pm - 9 pm
- Friday - 12 pm - 9:30 pm
- Saturday - 11 am - 9:30 pm
- Sunday - 12 pm - 7 pm
To apply: Please send an updated resume along with a cover letter that includes your five favorite beers (and why) to - firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you and working together to serve the Williamsburg area and beyond!