Last Updated: Monday, August 13th, 2018
The Virginia Beer Company is excited to announce that we are seeking another full time (40+ hours/week) staff member to join our taproom team in a long-term capacity! Please read through the description below and follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to apply. A career in beers & cheers awaits!
The Virginia Beer Company is hiring full-time staff to help with front of house needs. This includes working in VBC’s taproom to:
- Pour beers, with attention to detail ensuring beer-clean glassware and proper head height.
- Restock and organize packaged beer in taproom reach-in - accurately rotate products.
- Service and fill crowlers/growlers/grunts for to-go purchase.
- Answer questions about beer styles, VBC products, and area events over the phone and at the bar.
- Clean/organize taproom, taproom amenities (eg, restrooms), and beer garden spaces.
- Maintain bar area before, during, and after taproom hours.
- Restock, organize, and change kegs in the taproom cooler - clean draft lines as required.
- Organize, keep tidy, inventory, and sell merchandise.
- Assist with live events and special releases (on and off-site).
- Open and close the facility as a key-holder.
- Compose nightly closing emails to communicate to Taproom Manager about shift occurrences.
- Complete transactions in point of sale system and accurately handle cash and credit receipts.
- In addition to taproom hours, help with private events on Tuesdays as needed.
- Execute weekly taproom specials and provide news about upcoming events.
- Demonstrate intimate knowledge and understanding of the Virginia Beer Co. story, beers, and culture.
- Participate in brewery events and knowledge-building exercises.
- Act as a positive brand ambassador for VBC - in person, online, and in the wild.
Candidates should be committed to seeking a full time, long-term position; we are a close-knit group working together in a collaborative environment, so we take great pride in our team dynamic! Willingness to work both individually and in a team setting, and in a fast paced environment. Interest in learning about the brewing process and facets of operating a brewery + taproom + beer garden. A desire to be outgoing, conversational, and social (beer is fun!) but the ability to stay professional (brewing is work and ABC laws are no joke). Interest in being the face of a company; our taproom staff are the public facing persona of the brewery! A thirst for adventure...we are still a relatively new startup, so there are still many adventures yet to come!
Backgrounds in the brewing industry and/or within the bar and restaurant worlds are helpful but not required. More important: passion for the community. Our company mantra is Beer · People · Purpose. We are dedicated to engaging the community around us and giving back to it. Whether it be the beers we brew, the events we host, or the interactions we have with each patron - our staff must be excited about the opportunity to build up and give back to the community that supports us.
In addition, candidates should have flexibility in availability. Additional staff will especially be needed during peak hours such as Friday evenings, Saturday afternoons/evenings, and Sunday afternoons. If you foresee regular difficulty in being available during these times, please let us know before accepting a future offer.
- Monday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Tuesday: Closed (open for private events)
- Wednesday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Friday: 12 pm - 9:30 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm - 9:30 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm - 7 pm
To apply: Please send an updated resume along with a cover letter that includes your five favorite beers (and why) to - Taproom@virginiabeerco.com
We look forward to working with you and working together to serve the Williamsburg area and beyond!