UPDATE: As of 7/1/2017, all positions have been filled. Keep an eye out for future part-time and full-time roles coming soon!
The Virginia Beer Company is excited to announce that we are seeking another full time (40+ hours/week) staff member to join our taproom team in a long-term capacity! This role includes the following responsibilities:
- learn about and share a passion for all things beer
- pour/serve beers
- fill to-go vessels (growlers, grunts, Crowlers, etc.)
- clean/organize taproom & beer garden facilities (inc. restrooms)
- maintain bar area before, during, and after taproom hours
- restock kegs, cans, and bottles in the taproom coolers
- organize, take inventory, and sell merchandise
- answer questions about beer styles, VBC products, and area events
- assist with live events and special releases
- act as a brand ambassador for VBC
Candidates should be committed to seeking a full time, long-term position; we are a close-knit group working together in a collaborative environment, so we take great pride in our team dynamic! Candidates must have flexibility in availability. Willingness to work both individually and in a team setting, and in a fast paced environment. Interest in learning about the brewing process and facets of operating a brewery + taproom + beer garden. A desire to be outgoing, conversational, and social (beer is fun!) but the ability to stay professional (brewing is work and ABC laws are no joke). Interest in being the face of a company; our taproom staff are the public facing persona of the brewery! A thirst for adventure...we are still a new startup, so there are still many adventures yet to come!
Please Note: Availability to start ASAP is a plus, and candidates MUST be able to work during Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-29, 2017).
Backgrounds in the brewing industry and/or within the bar and restaurant worlds are helpful but not required. More important: passion for the community. We are dedicated to engaging the community around us and giving back to it. Whether it be the beers we brew, the events we host, or the interactions we have with each patron, our staff must be excited about the opportunity to build up and give back to the community that supports us.
- Monday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Tuesday: Closed (open for private events)
- Wednesday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday: 4 pm - 9 pm
- Friday: 12 pm - 9:30 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm - 9:30 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm - 7 pm
To apply: Please send an updated resume along with a cover letter that includes your five favorite beers (and why) to - Taproom@virginiabeerco.com
We look forward to working with you and working together to serve the Williamsburg area and beyond!